Here are some of his takes:
– "I've said many times Anthony Bennett is the most talented player in this draft," Mannix said. "But the problem is his position." Mannix said on offense he can play small or power forward. But defensively he may not be able to match up with opposing forwards.
– Mannix isn't sold on Orlando taking Victor Oladip at No. 2. "I think Oladipo is overrated," Mannix said. "The fact that Orlando passed up on Ben McLemore for Victor Oladipo boggled my mind." Mannix said he's worried about his shot. And Mannix bet Dan that Bennett would make the All-Star game before Oladipo.
– Mannix said Sacramento got a steal with Ben McLemore at No. 7 and thinks the former Kansas player could become a star.
– Mannix thinks the people around Nerlens Noel may be the reason he slipped. "It's his friends and people who've attached themselves to him," Mannix said.
– Mannix likes what the Celtics did because he thinks the Nets' draft picks in the future could be worth a lot since they could be bad in a few years.
– Mannix understands why the Lakers would put up a sign begging Dwight to come back. "Dwight is very easily wooed …. he doesn't always respond to common sense," Mannix said. But Mannix still thinks that Houston is a strong front-runner to get Dwight.