NBC NFL analyst Tony Duny joined the show to talk about the big storylines around the League. Here are some of Dungy’s takes:
– Dungy really likes Carolina because of its defense. “If you can hold people to 17,” Dungy said, “you have a great chance to win.”
– Dungy weighed in on Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson walking off at the end of the game. Dungy explained why people aren’t more critical of Johnson. “Andre Johnson is a class guy,” Dungy said. “I competed against him twice a year for six or seven years. Fantastic person.”
– Dungy commented on the Jets going to Dave & Busters the night before losing to the Bills. “I’ve never really heard of that,” Dungy said. “But Rex [Ryan] is different.” He said if the Jets had won, people would have praised Rex Ryan.
– Dungy actually didn’t mind the Lions going for the fake field goal against the Steelers, even though the kicker fumbled and it didn’t work.
– Dungy said if he needed one catch on one play, he’s leaning toward Jimmy Graham. But if he could take one non-QB overall, he’d lean toward Calvin Johnson or J.J. Watt.
– Dungy doesn’t see Jack Del Rio as the right fit for USC, since he thinks Del Rio is better suited for the NFL.
– Dungy commented on Chip Kelly’s offense in Philly. Dungy thinks Kelly is proving you can win with different types of QBs in his system.