NBC’s Tony Dungy joined the show to talk about Week 12 in the NFL. Here are some of his takes:
– Dungy said he’s not surprised the Patriots didn’t panic last night against the Broncos. “You don’t feel bad as a coach,” Dungy said. “The gameplan is not broken. Petyon wasn’t carving ‘em up. We don’t need to change anything. We just need to hold on to the ball.”
– Dungy said he thought deferring and getting the wind on his side was a brilliant move by Bill Belichick. He said he learned that from playing at the old Giants Stadium.
– Dan asked Dungy if there’s any way he’d take Tom Brady over Peyton Maning. Dungy said no. “I still want Peyton Manning,” Dungy said.
– Dungy commented on Brady and Manning’s friendship. He said when you know you’re the best, there’s a bond there. Like Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.
– Dungy agreed with Dan that teams should be penalized for multiple violations of the League drug policy. The Seahawks have now had seven violations since 2010