– Barkley said don’t be optimistic about avoiding a lockout: “In my honest opinion I don’t think we’re going to play at all next year,” Barkley said. “I think everything is out of wack and I think these owners are in it for Armageddon.”
– Barkley said if he had the No. 1 overall pick, he would have taken big man Enes Kanter.
“I think he was the best player in the draft,” Barkley said. “I’m not sure about Irving’s speed. Derrick Williams is a terrific player, but I’m not sure if he’s a 3 or a 4.”
– Barkley had a question about Jimmer Fredette: is he going to learn to play the point or is he going to be like Jason Terry and come off the bench.
– Barkley said that he loves the Spurs trade of George Hill for the pick that turned out to be Kawhi Leonard. “They still have an All-Star point guard and they got a starter,” Barkley said.
– Barkley commented on the state of the Lakers. “They have to get better at the point and off the bench,”Barkley said.
Barkley thinks if the Lakers got Kevin Love, that would be huge. He thinks Love is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. “They would be scary down low,” Barkley said. And he thinks Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol play the same role.