– Danielson commented on conference realignment. He said he likes the sport being regional. But he’s OK that conferences are getting bigger. He does expect four 16-team conferences. He said as long as the product is good — which it is — college football will be fine.
– Danielson can’t understand why Boise State isn’t fighting to get into a big conference. “I think they’ve earned that right to make the next step up.
– Danielson said there’s a chance Notre Dame will start out 0-3. “It does look like they’re starting to put some talent out on the field,” Danielson said.
– Danielson said if Oklahoma gets past Florida State, the Sooners are the odds-on favorite to be in the conference title game. Danielson thinks the crowd will help the Seminoles and they’ll come away with the win.
– Danielson said that LSU has too much defense for Mississippi State in tonight’s game. And he thinks the Bulldogs got too much credit for beating Michigan in a bowl game last season.
– Danielson said the Florida Gators are better than last year. They may not be great, but at least they’re all on the same page. Danielson said Tennessee has more talent than its had in recent years.