– Kiffin had issues with the officiating and said he even called the conference after the game. Kiffin talked about the T.J. McDonald hit on Andrew Luck late in the game. He thought it was unfortunate, because if they didn’t throw a flag for unnecessary roughness, Luck would have been backed up to 4th-and-7.Kiffin said that they went downhill defensively after that. “It all kind of switched from there,” Kiffin said.
– Kiffin said that the Stanford game wasn’t their bowl game. They still have big games left.
– Kiffin thought Matt Barkley was great on Saturday. He said he missed a few long ones by inches that would have made his game even more epic. “Matt did everything he could and very easily could have come away 2-0 against Andrew,” Kiffin said.
– Kiffin said he was upset for his fans and his players after Saturday, considering they aren’t eligible.
– Kiffin said Barkley knows the Trojans will be bowl eligible. They joke about it. Kiffin said that Barkley has ridden this thing so far through some tough times. Kiffin said that Matt’s a different person and money and fame don’t matter to him. Kiffin said Barkley played the guitar for the team, like he did on the show, and he was killed by his teammates in about 10 seconds.
– Kiffin said that he’s ready to move on. He has to be. He said they have a “24-hour rule” and have to think about Colorado next Saturday.