Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) joined the show to talk about his upcoming season and more.Here are some of his takes:
– Dan asked Wilson what he thinks when he hears defenses will figure him out. “That's probably talking about the read option,” Wilson said. “We don't really run it that much. It's more running Marshawn Lynch and making it look like we do.” Wilson said that the goal of the team is to get 2,000 yards for Marshawn Lynch.
– Wilson talked about using his feet.”I can definitely run the ball effectively,” Wilson said. “But when I scramble or move the pocket, I'm always looking downfield.”
– Wilson took us back a year to the day he found out he was going to start for the Seahawks: “One of the equipment guys comes over and says hey Russ, Coach Carroll wants to see you. He's actually outside shooting baskets. He's doing Michael Jordan fadeaways and I'm trying to figure out what's going on.” Wilson said that’s when he told him the news. And Wilson said that he immediately thought of his father, who has passed, and thinks he was up high looking on and smiling.
– Wilson said that other short quarterbacks like Drew Brees and Doug Flutie were an inspiration for him. He said he hopes to be an inspiration for others.
– Wilson talked music with Dan. He said that the DJ Macklemore is more popular him in Seattle. Wilson says he really like Macklemore, but that’s not necessarily what he listens to. “When I I'm playing Earth Wind and Fire, the Ojays. My gospel music as well.” Wilson said it’s trouble when Marshawn Lynch controls the music in the locker room.